Friday, January 2, 2009

And We're Off

I can’t believe the first day of 2009 is behind us! It seems utterly amazing to me. There is much I want to accomplish in the garden, but first things first. I’ve let the path to my door and my front porch get a bit scruffy. So tomorrow, since I’ve got a lot planned away from home, I’m going to get the steps up to the house looking good. I’ll post before and after pictures.

Today’s weather was overcast and breezy. The high was in the low to mid 70’s. The low tonight will only be 50. Of course we had no rain. There isn’t any rain in the forecast for the next several days.

Everything is so confused. I have blooming azaleas and princess flowers. Even my hydrangeas have a few new leaves on them. I hope we won’t get any really bad freezes. Not when everything is so confused. Even my Japanese magnolia had a few new leaves on it. But those got zapped by the last freezing temperatures.

As I was watering on Monday I was making a list of all the things I want to do in the garden. I believe I will cut in a few new beds and just pull maintenance on the beds that were sort of cut in by the previous owners. It’s obvious they really weren’t into their yard. I think most of what I had when I moved in was just what was put in with the original landscaping.

Well enjoy your own gardens and feel free to comment on this blog whenever the mood strikes you. And come back tomorrow to see how tomorrow’s mini-project goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment